Also known as an exercise bike, or stationary bike, you can exercise at home or in your office with the different routines and resistance levels it has.
Benefits of an exercise bike
- Improves the cardiovascular system, which reduces diseases related to the heart and circulatory system.
- Help reduce calories which results in losing those excess pounds and tones your body.
- Tones buttocks, waist, and legs by following the proper routines.
- Reduces back pain by relaxing muscles.
- As it is a conditioning exercise, joints are protected.
- Exercise of little physical effort provides adequate oxygenation to the body.
- Excellent for a flat stomach and a beautiful figure.
- An exercise bike or stationary bike is one of the best alternatives for those who do not enjoy attending gyms or prefer to manage their workout time from home. The experts at all American fitness tell us that there are traditional ones, with resistance or manual loading, and there are more advanced ones, with a training program console.
The classic exercise bike
The exercise bike is designed for people who do not have time for regular physical activity. It is accessible to all users and allows training from home. In addition, the exercise bike reproduces the movements and sensations of outdoor cycling.
The recumbent exercise bike
The recumbent exercise bike offers greater comfort than the classic exercise bike, thanks to a broader seat and a backrest that allows the upper body to rest. It is recommended for people looking for optimal stability and comfort. In addition, it strengthens the heart and keeps the joints moving with moderate and safe cardiovascular activity.
The indoor cycling bike
The indoor cycling bike is the cardio-training equipment most commonly used by semi-professional and professional athletes. However, it can also be used by amateur users who practice cardio training for more than 3 hours a day.
So if you are looking to buy an exercise bike to stay in shape, here are some general aspects that the professionals of all American fitness recommend taking into consideration.
The weight of the wheel
The weight of the flywheel (or flywheel) determines the comfort and pedaling fluidity of the bike. The greater the weight, the smoother and more comfortable the pedaling on the exercise bike. The importance of the flywheel you choose will depend on your goals, whether you want to climb a mountain or just ride leisurely around the lake.
We recommend choosing an exercise bike with a flywheel of at least 7 kg for comfortable, bump-free pedaling. If you plan to train 2 to 3 times a week, you should choose an exercise bike with a flywheel above 9 kg.
Resistance or brake
The heaviness or lightness of pedaling is given by the resistance or brake we apply to our wheel. This resistance can be magnetic or mechanical. The mechanical is activated by turning the adjustment lever on the exercise bike in a rather classical way. However, the magnetic resistance can be modified directly from the bike’s console in an exercise bike with more advanced technology, allowing us to establish predefined training programs with dynamic change of the resistance on the wheel.
Watts are a unit of measurement of your pedaling power and are a good indication of the maximum force a bike can provide. High watts allow you to have a more accurate and efficient training workout.
Do not buy an exercise bike with a fixed seat. Ideally, the seat should be vertically correctable to be adjusted to the height of your hips. This will prevent us from hurting our back and joints. The horizontal adjustment is another good point: place the seat forward or further back, according to our taste and comfort.