Filler treatments have become increasingly popular in Singapore. Many people turn to this cosmetic procedure to achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
There is a little twist, though. With so many different types of treatments available on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right filler in Singapore for your skin type.
This article will discuss the factors you should consider when choosing a filler treatment in Singapore. We will also provide tips on finding a reputable provider and offer advice on preparing for and caring for your skin after the treatment.
Understanding Different Types of Fillers
Before settling on a specific filler treatment, it does help to understand the different fillers available in Singapore. There are two main categories of fillers: temporary and permanent.
Temporary fillers which are usually used for treating fine lines and winkles are made from hyaluronic acid. This is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps with hydrating and plumping the skin.
Temporary fillers can also be used to add volume to areas such as the lips and cheeks. Some popular brands of temporary fillers in Singapore include Juvederm, Restylane, and Belotero.
On the other hand, permanent fillers are made from synthetic materials that are not absorbed by the body. These fillers are typically used for more severe wrinkles and facial contouring.
However, they come with a higher risk of complications and are not recommended for everyone. Some examples of permanent fillers available in Singapore include Sculptra and Radiesse. Now, there are several factors that go into choosing the right filler for you. Here are a few important ones you’ll want to keep in mind;
· Skin type and condition
When choosing a filler treatment, the first factor is your skin type and condition. Different types of fillers are designed to address specific skin concerns. So, choosing the wrong one can result in unsatisfactory results or even complications.
For example, if you have thin, delicate skin, you may want to choose a filler that is specifically designed for use in this area, such as Belotero or Restylane Silk. If you have deeper wrinkles or folds, you may want to go with a thicker filler, such as Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft.
· Desired outcome
Another factor to consider is your desired outcome. Do you want to add volume to your lips or cheeks? Do you want to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles? The type of filler that you choose will depend on your specific goals.
For example, if you want to add volume to your lips, you may want to choose a filler that is specifically designed for this area, such as Juvederm Volbella or Restylane Kysse. If you want to smooth out wrinkles, you may want to consider a filler that contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic that can help to minimize discomfort during the treatment.
· Injection technique
The technique used to inject the filler can also impact the results of the treatment. Some providers may use a blunt-tipped cannula instead of a needle, which can help to minimize bruising and swelling. It’s important to choose a provider who is experienced in the injection technique best suited to your needs.
· Downtime and recovery period
Different types of fillers may have different recovery times. Some fillers, such as Sculptra, may require several treatments over several months, while others, such as Restylane, may provide immediate results with minimal downtime. It’s important to discuss the expected recovery period with your provider before choosing a filler treatment.
The cost of fillers in Singapore can vary depending on the provider and the type of filler used. It’s important to keep in mind that while cost is a consideration, it should not be the only factor in your decision-making process.
Finding a Reputable Plastic Surgeon for Fillers in Singapore
Once you have decided on the type of filler in Singapore for your treatment, your next step would be to find a reputable provider. Here are some tips to help you find a plastic surgeon you can trust:
- Do your research: Research different providers in your area and read reviews from past clients. Insist on providers who have experience and a good reputation in the industry.
- Ask for referrals: Ask friends or family members who have had filler treatments in Singapore for referrals. They may be able to recommend a provider they had a good experience with.
- Check credentials: Make sure that the provider you choose is licensed and certified to perform the treatment. You can check their credentials on the Singapore Medical Council’s website.
Preparing for and Caring for Your Skin after the Treatment
After finding a good plastic surgeon, the next step would be to schedule a consultation with them. Before your filler treatment, there are a few things they will want you to do to prepare your skin and minimize the risk of complications. These may include:
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications: You will need to avoid taking blood-thinning medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen for at least a week before the treatment. These medications can increase the risk of bruising and bleeding.
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine: Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate the skin. This can make it more difficult for the filler to be absorbed properly. Avoid consuming these substances for at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- Discuss any allergies or medical conditions with your provider: Make sure to inform your plastic surgeon of any allergies or medical conditions you have. This will help them choose a safe filler for you to use.
After the treatment, taking proper care of your skin is important to ensure you get the best results possible. Here are some tips you can expect from your plastic surgeon:
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area: You mustn’t touch or rub the treated area for at least 24 hours after the treatment. This can help minimize the infection risk and ensure that the filler settles properly.
- Avoid strenuous activity and sun exposure: You’ll also need to keep off any strenuous activity and sun exposure for at least 24 hours after the treatment. This can help to minimize the risk of swelling and bruising.
- Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer: Only use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. Do not use any harsh products or exfoliants for at least a week after the treatment.
Choosing the right filler treatment for your skin type in Singapore doesn’t have to be daunting. Provided that you know what to look for, you should be able to make an informed decision to help you achieve your desired outcome.
Remember to find a reputable provider and properly care for your skin before and after the treatment. With the right preparation and care, you can achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance with filler treatments in Singapore.
If you’re looking for a trusted and experienced provider for filler treatments in Singapore, look no further than Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic clinic. Our highly skilled professionals are committed to helping you achieve your desired outcome with safe and effective filler treatments. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic clinic
111 Somerset Rd,
#04-10 TripleOne Somerset,
+65 6235 4534