Stop Buying Garlic. Here’s How To Grow An Endless Supply Of Garlic Right At Home
Even if we put all of the health benefits garlic provides aside, we’re still left with that unique aroma and taste that enrich all kinds of dishes.
Garlic is a vegetable rich in potent medicinal properties as well as essential nutrients. It is low in calories and high in selenium, vitamin C, manganese, calcium and potassium.
However you’ll only be able to reap its health benefits if you consume organic garlic. While we’re at organic garlic, did you know you can easily grow it at home without using dangerous chemicals?
For starters, we’re going to mention some of the best health benefits of garlic:
Strengthen Your Immune System
Garlic is also known to boost the immune system and can help combat sickness like the common cold. Research has also shown that incorporating garlic into your daily diet can reduce your risk of getting sick by up to 63%! This can be especially useful if you’re someone prone to getting colds.
Keeping Your Heart Healthy
Add cardiovascular health to this list while you’re at it. If ingested regularly, garlic can also help reduce your risk for heart disease and help your body process cholesterol more efficiently.
Also, garlic can be really beneficial if you’re someone who struggles with high blood pressure!
It prevents cancer
How to grow garlic at home:
All you need to do is follow these simply 5 steps:
- Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
- Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
- When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
- Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
- Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!
That is basically it. All you have to do now is enjoy the incredible health benefits of your organic homegrown garlic from your own home garden.