10 Mantras that Will Give You Strength (When You Need it Most) by Marc Chernoff
If you simply feel like life has been tougher than usual lately, here are some mantras (that I personally use) to help you get your thinking back on track, so you can feel better about today and what must be done…
1. No matter what, you can always fight the battles of just today. It’s only when you add the infinite battles of yesterday and tomorrow that life gets overly complicated.
2. Never assume that you are stuck with the way things are right now. Life changes every single second, and so can you.
3. Life always begins now – right now – not tomorrow or the next day or the next. It means you can have the new beginning you want whenever you want.
4. The best people all have some kind of scar. Don’t be ashamed of yours.
5. A positive present changes a troubled past. Looking back, you do not find what you left behind.
6. You are not a victim. You may have been challenged, hurt, betrayed, beaten, and discouraged, but nothing has defeated you. You have been delayed but not denied. The person or situation that hurt you is weaker than you, because you’re still here. So don’t let this experience weaken you –let it build you.
7. Even when it’s tough, wear a smile. Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy – sometimes it simply means you’re strong. And you are.
8. When we stop feeling sorry for ourselves, we start feeling stronger.
9. It has been said that the highest form of prayer is giving thanks. Instead of praying for different circumstances, give thanks for what you have. (You’ll see why.)
10. Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break this negative habit today. Talk about your joys, your loves, and your dreams instead.