How to use Olive Oil for Hair Growth
You ask us for a powerhouse when it comes to hair care, and we say olive oil. Keeping a bottle of olive oil handy not just in your kitchen, but your bathroom can help your tresses look thicker, stronger, longer and shinier. Yes, the rich, moisturizing oil can be used as a conditioner, a hot oil treatment, or as a finishing product.
As one ages, the structure of the hair undergoes a slow change, thereby making it weaker and resulting in hair loss and greying.
Hair loss can be caused by a lot of reasons- genetic or hereditary reasons, but often it can be caused by pollution, misuse of hair care products, frequent colouring, poor diet, and certain medications or over processing of the hair.
These causes of hair loss can sometimes be reversed. Resorting to the use olive oil for hair growth is perhaps the best option.
Benefits of olive oil for hair: Removes dandruff
Dandruff comes from a scalp which is dry, and flaky. Lemon helps loosen the dandruff while olive oil moisturizes the new, exfoliated layer of skin.
- To get rid of that scurf, mix equal amounts of olive oil, lemon juice and water.
- Massage into damp scalp, leave on for 20 minutes, rinse and shampoo.
This dandruff-fighting treatment should be used anytime in alternative weeks. Too much acidity from lemon could cause your hair to grey prematurely.
Benefits of olive oil for hair: Treats split ends
Winters make your hair prone to breakage, splitting, and frizzy flyaways giving your sleek haircut a messy and unkempt look. This is a time when you can use olive oil for hair that is smooth, has weight and moisture and is problem-free.
Just smooth a little olive oil on your fingers and run them through your hair after you’ve styled it to give your ends and flyaways the kiss off.
Benefits of olive oil for hair growth also go a long way in keeping promoting good health for your scalp, fighting fungi and bacteria, and improving the blood circulation. When your blood circulation becomes better, your hair follicles get stimulated, producing hair strands that are thicker and healthier.
It is actually amazing to see how olive oil and hair growth have become synonymous with it working alone excellently to prevent or slow hair loss.
Experts have proven that regular use of the olive oil helps to restore the shine in your hair. To ensure visible results, learning the right application method is equally imperative.
How to apply olive oil to promote hair growth
- To use olive oil for hair growth, take 20 to 30 ml in a bowl and add approximately 10 ml of coconut oil to it.
- Warm this mixture in a microwave, while ensuring not to overheat it. The oil should be warm enough to touch without scalding the fingers.
- Part your hair in sections and apply the warm oil gently with your fingertips to the scalp. Continue this procedure, moving from section to section till the whole scalp has been covered.
- Take some more oil on your palm and gently apply the oil from root to tips while holding each section individually. This will condition the entire strand of hair and prevent breakage and split ends.
- Soak a towel in hot water and squeeze out the extra water. The temperature of the towel should not be uncomfortably hot.
- Wrap this towel around your hair and leave it on for around twenty minutes. This will not only steam your scalp for better absorption of oil, but will also enhance the blood circulation in the entire scalp.
During summers, wearing a shower cap after oiling your hair and leaving it on for thirty minutes would provide sufficient warmth to the scalp.
Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo. You can also use a baby shampoo as it is considered to be very mild. Repeat this procedure once or twice a week over a couple of months to witness best results.
Some herbs and spices also enhance the effect of olive oil. A teaspoonful of fenugreek seeds when added to olive oil and heated gently makes a powerful concoction that prevents dandruff and promotes hair growth.
Please understand that even though olive oil can work wonders for your hair, you must complement the olive oil treatments for hair with other lifestyle changes for even better results. Enriching your diet with good foods, such as almonds, seafood and Greek yogurt, can help your hair become healthier.
Source:www.lifehack.orghttp://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/2016/12/08/how-to-use-olive-oil-for-hair-growth/http://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/How-to-use-Olive-Oil-for-Hair-Growth.jpghttp://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/How-to-use-Olive-Oil-for-Hair-Growth-150x150.jpgBEAUTY & HEALTH