Homemade Face Mask With Egg White And Lemon For Acne Or Oily Skin
Another brilliant egg white face mask
This egg white face mask really works well – I swear by it. It was one of my ‘go to’ face masks if feel my skin is getting a little greasy or if I suffer from an outbreak. It is really easy to make as it only has 2 ingredients so you can be applying it and getting the benefits in no time at all.
I enjoy the fact that this masks also tightens the skin on your face giving you a sorta ‘face lift’ in the process. The egg white helps reduce excess sebum in your skin by shrinking the size of your pores.
It will also give your skin a firmer and more even look by greatly reducing larger pores. Lemon brightens and exfoliates. It’s great for:
- acne prone skin
- mature or aging skin
- sun spots
- uneven skin tone
Lemon is also a natural source of vitamin C and rich in alpha hydroxy acids. The combination of egg whites and lemon helps create the perfect face mask for acne or oily skin.
How To Make The Face Mask
“Skin tightening” and a little discomfort is the immediate effect anyone gets by applying egg white face mask, but this effect quickly disappears once you remove it.
Egg white has also an exfoliating effect, removing the accumulated dirt from your pores.
You will need:
- 1 egg white
- juice from ½ a lemon
- Beat the egg white first until it turns a bit frothy.
- Add the lemon juice to your egg white.
- Apply the face mask on your face, avoiding the eyes and mouth area, where the skin is dryer and more sensitive.
- Leave your face mask on your skin for about 30 minutes.
- Gently rinse it off with warm water apply a proper moisturizer for oily skin.