THE LITTLE KNOWN SKIN BENEFITS OF THE TOMATO – I WISH I KNEW THIS EARLIER – Healthy Positive Mind –
Some experts say that you can find the solution to the breakouts in vegetable garden.
Tomato as part of your skin care routine will help you to clear up acne and reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Namely, this amazing fruit is rich in few vitamins such as Vitamins A, C, E, K and B6. We can conclude that this tasty fruit is abundant in vitamins and that will help you to shrink pours and will provide nourishment of your skin.
Moreover, the acidity of tomatoes will help you to balance the pH levels in your skin. In addition to that, tomatoes contain salicylic acid, which is ingredient that is used in many commercial treatments.
Sometimes the simplest solution is most effective.
All you need to do is to slice the tomato in half and rub it on the areas affected with acne. After that, gently massage the juice into your skin and rinse. This is not the most effective treatment, but it works great for minor breakouts.
Tomato face mask:
- If you have a little bit of free time, this procedure could work very well on even heavy acne. Take a tomato and chop it into the top of it.
- After that, put the tomato under warm water for about a minute and remove the skin (starting at the slices and pulling downwards).
- Remove the tomato seeds and mash-up the rest of your tomato into a mixture.
- Add this paste to your entire face and leave it for about 60 minutes before rinsing.
- You can also add yogurt or mashed cucumber to the mask mixture to ease painful acne.