SOAK CHIA SEEDS TO SUPERCHARGE THEIR METABOLISM, WEIGHT LOSS AND INFLAMMATION-FIGHTING LIKE NEVER BEFORE – Healthy Positive Mind –
Chia, a.k.a. Salvia Hispanica, is a type of flowering plant placed in the Lamiaceae mint family. It grows in southern parts of Mexico and in Guatemala.
It is useful to know that the name derive from the ancient Mayan word that means strength. This wonderful plant was used as an energy booster since ancient times. Mayan messengers were especially delighted by it. Due to the popularity among these ancient time couriers, the Europeans who came in these areas centuries ago called Chia – the Indian Running Food.
Chia seeds have nice and mild taste. What’s even more arousing is that you can use them in numerous different meals because it doesn’t affect the taste. People today use it in butter breads, smoothies, dressings etc.
The Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Three times more iron than spinach
- 300% more antioxidant power than the power of blueberries
- 200% more potassium than the amount found in bananas
- Two times more protein compared to any other grain or seed
- Five times more calcium than milk and five times more boron – a rare mineral that helps the bones absorb calcium in a better way
- Great quantity of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is good to know that chia seeds are loaded with soluble fiber, essential amino acids and proteins.
- These seeds are famous to be very hydrophilic, which means that they have the power to absorb water and create special mucilaginous gel. Chia seeds can absorb more than 10 times their weight in water in no more than ten minutes.
Source of Antioxidants
Chia seeds are an amazing source of antioxidants. Additionally, you can store them dry for five days and they won’t lose any of their properties. If you want to replace flaxseed, opt for chia seeds.
Support Weight Loss
Chia seeds have the ability to substitute fat and calories when they are used in other food, but they don’t change the taste of any meal. To be more precise, you can eat the meals that you want and take only 50% of the calories that you have taken before.
How to Use Chia Seeds?
Firstly, you must soak the chia seeds in tap water and after a while they will soak up a large quantity of water.
- In order to make chia gel, you will need two ounces of chia seeds and add them in two cups of water.
- After that, put this mixture in a clean glass jar, seal it well and store in the refrigerator.
- This procedure will secure you 17 ounces of chia gel. It won’t take you more than ten minutes to prepare the gel, so feel free to use it right away.