20 Lessons That Will Change Your Life: Inspirational Dalai Lama Quotes That Will Make You Think Differently! – Healthy Positive Mind –
The 14th Dalai Lama was born in a village in Tibet in 1935, 80 years ago today. He fled his home during the Chinese occupation of Tibet and soon set up a government in exile in India.
The monk has been the spiritual leader of his people and his religion since he was 15 years old. He’s also one of the foremost authors and philosophers within Tibetan Buddhism, having authored books like “The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living,” “How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life,” and “Beyond Religion: Ethics for the Whole World.”
In 1989 he won the Nobel Peace prize, and he continues to travel the world giving talks on compassion, the nature of truth, and happiness.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is greatly revered in the Buddhist World, and is also highly respected as an international statesman, and as a man of peace and great wisdom.
I’ve gathered my favorite quotes from the Tibetan leader about a variety of topics such as love, compassion, peace and humanity.
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. ― Dalai Lama
- If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding. ― Dalai Lama
- This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple. The philosophy is kindness. ― Dalai Lama
- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. — Dalai Lama
- Through money or power you cannot solve all problems. The problem in the human heart must be solved first. – Dalai Lama
- If a problem can be solved it will be. If it cannot be solved there is no use worrying about it. ― Dalai Lama
- If I am only happy for myself, many fewer chances for happiness. If I am happy when good things happen to other people, billions more chances to be happy! ―Dalai Lama
- Everybody wants a happy life and a peaceful mind, but we have to produce peace of mind through our own practice. ― Dalai Lama
- Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back to, and reasons to stay. ― Dalai Lama
- Change is part of the world. Until the last moment, Anything is Possible. ― Dalai Lama
- If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito. ― Dalai Lama
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. ― Dalai Lama
- In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. ― Dalai Lama
- Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day. ― Dalai Lama
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ― Dalai Lama
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. ― Dalai Lama
- Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. ― Dalai Lama
- When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. ―Dalai Lama
- The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness. ―Dalai Lama
- I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. ―Dalai Lama
www.goodreads.comhttp://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/2016/02/21/20-lessons-that-will-change-your-life-inspirational-dalai-lama-quotes-that-will-make-you-think-differently-healthy-positive-mind/http://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/d.lama2_.jpghttp://positiveandhealthymindsd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/d.lama2_-150x150.jpgINSPIRATIONALDalai Lama,Inspirational Quotes